Thursday, October 27, 2016

Interview with September Challenge Winner Nina Savova of NinaSavovaArt

Nina Savova is the winner of the September Challenge 'Our Wonderful World'. We asked her to tell us a bit about herself.

See all the beautiful original submissions!

Check out Nina's Shop



Hello Ms. Savova,

Congratulations on your winning entry for the September challenge, Ledenica Cave. It is a beautiful vision of Our Wonderful World.


Where in Bulgaria are you from, and is that where you currently live?
Is there a someplace you would like to visit or even live some day?


I live in Sofia, Bulgaria.
There are many beautiful places in the world, but I'm fine at home.

Do you have a background in the arts?
What type of work do you do for a living?


I was an expert in telecommunications, but now I'm retired.

How long have you been working with beads?
What is your favorite technique?


I have worked with beads since 2011.
I love all bead techniques.



Your piece, Ledenika Cave, is lovely. I see it is inspired by a famous place in Bulgaria. The center stone evokes images of a pool of water deep in a cave. Can you tell us a little more about the place, and perhaps more about the materials in your necklace?

Ledenika Cave is just one of the many beautiful places in Bulgaria. Come and see them!
The semiprecious stone in the necklace is agate. Agate is my favorite stone; it is always different and always beautiful.

Are there any beaders you admire?
Which artists or bead workers do you feel have had an influence on your beadwork?


I have learned from all the known masters. I try to have my own style. I would like people to recognize me when they see my work, but it is slow. I hope I have time for that.

-Interview by Patti Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment